All About Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts
in Carlsbad California 92008
What To See, What To Do, Where To Stay In Carlsbad California
Carlsbad Bed and Breakfasts
The Inn At Moonlight Beach is located at Moonlight Beach in
the sleepy beach town of Encinitas, just 3 miles south Carlsbad California via historic Coast
Highway 101. Guests love the quiet, romantic atmosphere and the French-seaside style rooms
and suites of this small, intimate Carlsbad Bed and Breakfast. Your stay includes a delicious home-made
breakfast (including Ann's famous warm-from-the-oven pastries) and fresh-ground fresh-brewed
Starbucks coffee every morning. Meet Ann Dunham.
Inn at Moonlight Beach receives top ratings from B&B.com Trip Advisor and Google as having more romantic suites than Carlsbad Hotels or other Bed and Breakfasts in Carlsbad. The inn is more intimate than Carlsbad B&Bs with better prices than Hotels in Carlsbad and much closer to the beach. Compare to any Bed and Breakfast in Carlsbad Hotels. The Inn At Moonlight Beach is rated by newspapers as one of the TOP TEN CALIFORNIA TRAVEL DESTINATIONS.
The 4-suite boutique Inn At Moonlight Beach is known as Carlsbad's Pacific Coast Inn overlooking the Pacific Ocean two block from Moonlight State Beach, in the "lost in 1960s" beach community of Encinitas - a town that Men's Journal calls "SoCal's Last Sleepy Surf Haven." Yes, we see woodies, surfers and palm trees all day long, every day of the year.
Fun Things To Do And See
When Visiting Carlsbad California
By: Terry Hunefeld
Carlsbad California has some of the finest beaches in the world. For example, the miles-long Carlsbad State Beach extends from all along the Pacific ocean-front from its Southern Border with Encinitas to downtown Carlsbad. Some areas are wide sandy beach; other areas are sandstone bluffs with sidewalks along the bluff tops for sunset strolls and people watching. The south area is called Ponto beach. Ponto has a large state campground on top of a bluff overlooking the ocean. There are stairs to the beach below. There are no B&Bs in Carlsbad right on the beach, but the Inn At Moonlight Beach is just a 3 minute walk to Moonlight State Beach.
For an ocean adventure from November through June we recommend a San Diego whale-watching natural history cruise. The trip departs San Diego harbor Wednesday through Sunday with excellent guiding explaining the history and natural wonders of San Diego. You will see dolphin, whales and seabirds.
Learn to surf. There are many surf schools in San Diego, but the most famous and well-loved is Kahuna Bob's. Bob taught Inn at Moonlight Beach owner Terry Hunefeld how to surf, so Bob comes highly recommended.
When surfing became really popular in the 1960s, Swami's Surf Beach was made famous by the Beach Boys' Surfin' USA, Swami's is still a Mecca for surfers. From the high cliffs over the beach you can watch the greatest surfers in the world practice their skills every day. Swami's is in Encinitas, a delightful 15 minute walk on the beach from the Inn at Moonlight Beach, often called San Diego's Pacific Coast Beach Bed and Breakfast.
Avid bird watchers (birders) will enjoy the pelagic boat adventures coordinated by the Buena Vista Audubon Society. These boat trips travel ten to 100 miles out to sea to find life zones that attracts birds and marine mammals. The Audubon society has an information-packed website detailing their Southern California pelagic bird trips.
Fun Activities For Carlsbad Visitors
Conveniently located on the Pacific Ocean in north county San Diego, the
Village of Carlsbad offers a multitude of sights and sounds ready for you to explore. Carlsbad's unique
blend of museums, art galleries and outdoor concerts combined with incredible beaches and awesome ocean
sunsets, make it a vacationer's paradise.
1. The Flower Fields are one of Carlsbad's most beloved and famous traditions. Fifty acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers are in a full bloom for six or seven weeks each year - from early March through early May. The yearly color burst of red, orange, yellow, green and purple blossoms is part of Carlsbad's heritage - and nature's method of announcing the official arrival of spring. Telephone: (760) 431-0352.
2. The 610-acre Batiquitos Lagoon is one of SoCal's few remaining tidal wetlands. Interpretive signs along the trails assist visitors with identifying the many species of birds and wildlife that call the lagoon home. A stroll along the two miles of nature trails from the Visitor's Center takes you by nesting sites of red-wing blackbirds and through rookeries of great blue herons, great egrets, black-crowned night herons and snowy egrets.
3. Legoland is a world famous family attraction. It's fun, not overly-expensive and actually quite pleasant - for a theme park. If you have a big day planned with the kids, we recommend getting there early from any one of the many Carlsbad hotels. Head straight to the popular Indiana Jones and Land of Adventure rides, then the Test Track roller coaster. Lines can get long at the most popular attractions the day goes on, but are short first thing in the morning, and are always shorter than Disneyland or Knott's Berry Farm.
4. The downtown area of the Village of Carlsbad is located along Historic Coast Highway 101 along the Pacific Ocean coast. The majority of the bed and breakfasts in Carlsbad hotels and vacation rentals are in (or very close to) the village; some properties are directly on the beach while many others are within walking distance to the ocean. The well-known Carlsbad Inn is a Bavarian style hotel at the edge of town with ocean views (for $350 a night in summer) from some rooms.
5. Carlsbad Village offers many dining choices from inexpensive cafes to upscale fine dining. Jay's Gourmet is a favorite, as is Dini's by the Sea (awesome views of the Pacific Ocean). Vigilucci's (Italian) also enjoys ocean views. If you like Mexican, Fidel's Norte is a fiesta for all the senses. Tucked away behind the Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, Fidel's has been a local favorite for 30 years.
6. Agua Hedionda Lagoon is an important Ecological Reserve managed by the California Department of Fish and Game. Trails along the Lagoon lead from the Discovery Center which offers unique exhibits about the lagoon with a focus on the ative Americans who once inhabited the area. The Center affords spectacular views overlooking the surrounding lagoon and Pacific Ocean in the distance. Visitors may walk through the garden containing more than 800 native plants and displays chock full of information about Agua Hedionda Lagoon and its native plants and animals.
Carlsbad Ca Bed And Breakfasts
Carlsbad Hotels Resorts and Inns
B&Bs in Carlsbad are not plentiful, while there
are plenty of hotels in Carlsbad and the surrounding
beach towns of Oceanside and Encinitas. There are
lots of chain hotels in Carlsbad and Encinitas,
but there are no reasonably priced Carlsbad Bed and
Breakfasts near the beach. Inn at Moonlight Beach,
Encinitas B&B will put you close to the ocean at
a reasonable price. If you're looking for a romantic
Carlsbad Bed and Breakfasts be sure to explore
Inn At Moonlight Beach.
Following are some lodging and accommodation options in the communities around Carlsbad including Cardiff By The Sea, Solana Beach, Oceanside, Del Mar and Encinitas.
San Diego Beach B and B
Del Mar Beach Hotels
Lovely Inns and Hotels in North County San Diego
Cardiff By The Sea Lodgeing and Accommodations
The 4-suite boutique Inn At Moonlight Beach is known as San Diego's Pacific Coast Inn. We are situated on a hillside overlooking the Pacific Ocean at Moonlight State Beach, in the quiet "lost in time" beach community of Encinitas that Mens's Journal calls "SoCal's Last Sleepy Surf Haven."e;
Read More About Our Beautiful Inn
See Photos of Our Lovely Suites
Check Carlsbad Beach Inn Availability On-Line
Policies, Deposits, etc
Carlsbad & San Diego Area Maps and Directions
Lots of Fun - Carlsbad CA Activities
Home-made Breakfast in Carlsbad
Dining Reviews - Carlsbad Area
Read What They're Saying About Our Inn
Contact Us By Telephone
More About Ann & Her Beach Inn
True Stories From Carlsbad
Inn at Moonlight Beach105 N. Vulcan Ave, Encinitas, California 92024
© 2008-2011 Inn at Moonlight Beach